The President of the MUN Society is the figure head and representor of the Society and its members within and outside the University. The responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- setting out vision for the Society
- acting as its spokesperson
- calling and chairing committee meetings
- calling and presiding over the events and meetings
- managing the committee team and delegating tasks among each member
- connector between the Society and the United Nations Youth Platform UK
- collaborating with Conference Board of Directors (MUN Conferences in and outside the UK)
- serving as Chair in MUN mock-conferences
The Secretary of the MUN Society is the eyes and ears of the Society and supports the President in reaching out and communicate with the members to inform about meetings and events. The responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- managing communication through email and social media
- taking minutes at committee meetings and storing these
- acts as point of contact for new members of the society
- serving as Deputy-Chair in MUN mock-conferences
The Treasurer of the MUN Society is the financial officer of the Society and keeps track of all matters financially, from bidding for funding, keeping track of approved funds and financial status. Further the Treasurer is assisting both the President and Secretary in the day to day business and organisational duties to ensure a smooth running of the society.
Welfare & Events Officer
The Welfare & Events Officer of the MUN Society is the point of contact all matters concerning compliance and value safeguarding of the Society and all its members. Further, the tasks of keeping track of all events held in collaboration with the President is part of the portfolio. As member of the Committee the Officer assists the President, Secretary, and Treasurer in the day to day business and organisational duties to ensure a smooth running of the Society.
Social Media Officer
The Social Media Officer of the MUN Society is responsible in sharing content on our various Social Media platforms, mainly Instagram to interact with other MUN Societies and University Student Groups. As member of the Committee the Officer assists the President, Secretary, and Treasurer in the day to day business and organisational duties to ensure a smooth running of the Society.