If you are interested in current affairs and want to put your debating skills to the test, come and join us!
No previous MUN experience is required, all courses welcome.
- Experience how it is to be the United Nations Delegate.
- Practice diplomatic and negotiation skills, public speaking, presentation skills, event management, leadership skills, research and much more!
- Develop an understanding of how the United Nations operates through simulation based education.
- Boost your CV.
- Networking – connect with other students as well as professionals.
- Join us for international conferences and other events.
- Learn by having fun!
Join in 1 simple step:
Please register through the London Met Students’ Union website.
We look forward to welcoming you to London Met MUN!
The learning objectives of MUN Assemblies are to enable participants to:
• Gain insight into the workings of the United Nations and the dynamics of international relations by providing opportunities to assume the roles of UN representatives
• Understand relations between countries and particularly power relations between rich and poor countries
• Carry out in-depth research which will include geography, history, science and economics related to climate change and issues of global poverty and the MDGs
• Debate the issues that confront world leaders and draft resolutions in response to these global issues
• Develop and experience important social skills such as teamwork and group cooperation, conflict resolution, negotiation, consensus-building, critical thinking, public speaking and listening.
Find out more about Model United Nations here.